Thursday, January 19, 2012

RANDOLPH CHILDRESS - ALL-MET ELITE

RANDOLPH CHILDRESS 
 ALL-MET ELITE
CLINTON MD.
Former Deacon Great Randolph Childress Joins Wake Forest Athletic Department
Childress, who will hold the title of Assistant to the Athletic Director, will serve in a number of roles, including compliance, development and student-athlete mentorship.
"We are thrilled to welcome Randolph Childress back to Wake Forest," said Wellman. "He will be a great addition to our staff and serve as an outstanding role model for our student-athletes. Randolph is one of the most beloved figures in the history of Wake Forest athletics. I have no doubt he will be a tremendous asset to our department."
Childress spent five seasons with the Wake Forest basketball program from 1990-95 and earned All-American honors as a junior in 1994 and again as a senior in 1995. He earned ACC Tournament MVP honors in 1995 after leading the Deacons to their first conference title in 33 years."It's incredible to be back. It's something I've dreamed about for quite some time," said Childress. "I don't know how often people get the chance to come back. This is a second home for me. I was born and raised in the Washington, D.C., area, and the only other city I've lived in longer is Winston-Salem. I grew up here in some respects. It's been great to see familiar faces and people that I've been friends with for quite some time."

No comments:

Post a Comment